2.01.2013

Fruit My Cube - or my house? Yes, please.


Happy Friday! I go into the office on Tuesdays to work. This allows me to get out of the house, lets the grandma's have some quality Van time and me to have some girl time with my lovely co-workers. A few weeks back we got an e-mail saying that we would each be receiving a Fruit My Cube mini box. I wasn't sure as to what this was, but it sounded like something I'd like. After doing a little research, I found out that Fruit My Cube is a company that gets fruit from the Belleville, IL farmer's market and delivers it to businesses in the St. Louis area. You just place your order and it gets delivered to your 'cube' on Mondays. There's no contract, you can order once a week, once a month or whenever. The mini cube is 6.99 and they have a larger one for 10.99 that has veggies as well. If you are looking for a mini grocery trip delivered to you, they also have a market crate for 19.99. The only catch? Your company has to be willing to participate. A box of fruit over something processed in the vending machine? Sounds like a great idea to me! Check out their website and see if your company will get involved. (fruitmycube.com) Not in the St. Louis area? Do a quick search to see if they offer something similar in your neck of the woods. Pictured above is the mini box that was waiting for me at my desk on Tuesday. It had 2 bananas (I ate one before I took the picture). The cherries were very good and I used the orange and pink cara cara to make Van some fresh juice. I have yet to eat the apples, but I'm sure they will be good too. 

After telling my friend about this wonderful idea, we were able to find a few more places that deliver fruits and/or veggies to your home. Some are local and/or organic. Check them out! This is a great idea for the winter when you don't want to get out or you just have a hard time picking fruit or veggies out in the store. I'm considering trying this out. 

archcityorganics.com
greenbeandelivery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!