1.11.2013

Project: Van's Nursery

When I started thinking about how I wanted to decorate Van's nursery, I knew two things. I wanted it to be vintage and I wanted to use my crib. Yes, my mom (mild hoarder) still had my crib from 26 years ago. It had a drop down side that we secured, so it was a little more 'up to code.' We also had it painted and let it cure for well over 30 days (this is said to be when it becomes in its hardest state). We purchased the paint from Sherwin Williams and although it is a little more expensive, it is non-toxic and safe in case Van would want to start chewing on the crib. I will not be surprised if this starts happening.     

I am sure I could have been a little more green by getting more used stuff, but my vision got in the way. I do feel like I made a good choice by reusing my crib. That was a big money saver. I will definitely be more green with the next nursery (if there is one). I wanted to share with you where I got the stuff seen in Van's room.

Dresser - $8 purchased at an antique mall, repainted, new knobs and 'baby van' stamped on the medallion.
Boxes attached to changing tablemy talented wood working father made those.
Changing padhand-me-down, since purchased a new gray cover for it on Etsy.
Rocking chair$40 from Craigslist. 
Bookshelf was part of a craft table that I decided to use for his room instead.
Wooden plaquespurchased from Michaels, JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby and painted them (they now have pictures on them). 
Wooden box with drawersgiven to me by my mother-in-law - I painted it and stamped knobs with numbers. 
Chalkboard mini cratespurchased from Michael's and painted.
Stars made out of sodering wire purchased from Home Depot.
Banner - made by More than Paper Dolls (find them on Facebook).
Wall Decal - purchased for $30 from Etsy - Etsy sellers are almost always willing to customize font/color/sayings.
Nightstand - purchased at Garden Ridge for $40 - painted and added new knobs.
Lamp - purchased at Home Goods for $25 and was repainted.
Pencil - purchased at Hobby Lobby $9 and repainted.
Basket - purchased at Home Goods for $12.
Elephant - purchased at Garden Ridge for $18 and repainted.
Prints - I made these on Pages. (you can find the numbers one under the free printables tab)
Stars - I made these with sodering wire from Home Depot.
Daddy sign, sleep tight light, 'C', the moon - purchased at Gordman's - moon was painted and stamped.















pictures taken by Jessica Ryane Photography

2 comments:

  1. Van's room is very sweet. I love how you renovated from old to new. Looks like someone will have to help me when I have children of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the vintage details! adorable room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your feedback!